If you have come to this page
from a search engine
to visit our home page.
O'er Lang at the Fair
'Smallpipes and Concertina from Northumberland’
(click on the artistes name
to see a photo and /or a biography)
Rob Say is one of today’s foremost performers of
traditional music from the North East of England. A she learned, he was
fortunate to be able to listen to, and play with, some of the greatest of the
older generation of musicians.
He plays English concertina and the iconic
instrument of Northumbria, the smallpipes, on which he has won many
competitions. Here he duets with another champion piper Andy May, as well as
being accompanied by the lively piano playing of Will Chamberlain.
Rob has absorbed his local style of playing, and he
now continues and enhances one of the British Isles’ most vital musical
1. The Gilsland Hornpipe (Trad) /Old Tom's Rant (Trad)
/Bewick's Hornpipe (Trad) - 3.30
2. Coilsfield House (Nath. Gow ) - 3.40
3. Powburn Lads (Trad) /The Real Thing (I. Scott) /Alfie Pigg's Jig (A. D.
Schofield ) - 3.20
4. The Farmyard Schottische (R. Purvis) - 2.37
5. The English Bring to Gratney Green the Lasses that Ha'e Siller (Trad)
/Farewell (Trad) - 3.27
6. The Idle Bairn (M. Watchorn) /The Blokes of Bluehill (Trad) /Little Jenny (T.
W. Pigg) - 5.04
7. Christine Taylor's Jig (W. Taylor) /The October Jig (R. Purvis) - 3.34
8. Jean Kirkpatrick's Fancy (A. Rennie) /Whinshield's Hornpipe (J. L. Dunk) -
9. Bonny Tyneside (Trad) /Napoleon's Grand March (Trad) - 5.22
10. Squirrel in the Tree (Trad) /Jack's Pocket Ashtray (G. Edwardson) /Aunty
Mary's Canadian Jig (Trad) - 3.17
11. Because He Was a Bonny Lad (Trad var. R. Say) - 3.20
12. The Newlywed’s Waltz (L. Mackenzie ) - 2.07
13. The Omnibus (J. Hill) /The Exhibition (J. Hill) - 2.67
14. Farewell to Whisky (Niel. Gow ) - 4.30
15. The Belfast Polka (Trad ) - 2.31
16. Cut and Dry Dolly (Trad arr. A. May & R. Say ) - 3.07
Read reviews of this
CD - £10.25 (plus P+P)
Add to Basket
MP3 downloads are available from all major digital retailers, as full albums
or individual tracks, and there you can listen to a sample of each track.
The following links will take you directly to this album's page on Amazon or iTunes.
Veteran Veteran catalogue
Books & Videos
Terms & Conditions